Saturday 20 August 2011

水仙花- spirit of water

水仙花 is one of my favourite flowers. I remember growing them every year in China. They are so beautiful and I love the scent. I think i wrote a prose about it at school, something about how they represent our lives. I will see if I can still find it in my homework piles (it was written in year 3, yeah it's a long time ago). I remember I used to bug aunty to grow them again and again, but it is only around during the spring season. We grow them in New Year, and if the bud open on the first day of New Year, it is considered lucky. Ah~ brings back childhood memory~


In English, it can be translated as "spirit of water". I love how they grow from a bulb, which is like an egg of the water, and bloom into dancing stars. 


The pictures below aren't as beautiful as the ones we grew in China =P

冰雪中的水仙花
水仙花



No comments:

Post a Comment